Table of Contents
- Charcoal grills vs Gas grills: what do they offer?
- Hybrid grills: the best of both worlds
- Smoke Hollow PS9900
- Stock Out You Can see Related Product:
- Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D
- Check Price
- Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner
- Check Price
- Char-Broil Deluxe 1010
- Check Price
- Smoke Hollow 8500LP
- Stock Out You Can see Related Product:
- Pit Boss Memphis Ultimate 4-in-1 LP Gas Charcoal Smoker
- Check Price:
- Char-Griller 5050:
- Check Price:
- Comparison table
Last Updated on 3 months by admin
Who doesn’t love to eat a good meal outdoors? Who doesn’t like to eat a good barbecue, whether it’s meat or vegetables? Well, that’s certainly one of the best pleasures life can give us. Sharing an afternoon with your loved ones, outdoors, and enjoying a good meal, grilled. You can find out the Best Hybrid Grills for 2021.
A good barbecue stick is one of the things a good barbecue lover should have in his house, especially for those seasons in the summer or for any special event that can be celebrated with a good and delicious meal. In contrast, not everyone can be considered an expert when it comes to barbecue cooking, and especially when it comes to selecting the right grill.
Choosing and buying the right grill requires a certain amount of knowledge and experience that not everyone possesses. Even for those who are new to this world, this process can be very confusing and even stressful, as most of the time there is a debate between how to choose the best tool for grilling food and the best way to do it.
In the world of barbecues, there are two types of grills, those that run on gas and those that heat and cook through charcoal, and most of the time the internal debate that inexperienced people have is due to what type of grill they should acquire to obtain the best possible barbecue.
Charcoal grills vs Gas grills: what do they offer?
Charcoal grills are very good because they impregnate a unique type of flavor and give that smoky taste to food that is so characteristic of barbecues. Also, these types of grills are much more economical and easier to transport, although for some people, the process of lighting a grill and maintaining the ideal temperature can be a tedious and even difficult process to learn, and even the time to warm up is very slow, which is a drawback for those who are impatient. But other than that, they do have other flaws.
The gas grills are in the opposite position. These grills are much more expensive and difficult to transport. In contrast, they are much easier to use. They can be lit and heated quickly. It is also much easier to maintain the right temperature for the perfect barbecue. The main disadvantage is that they do not give the food that smoky taste that every good barbecue should have.
Hybrid grills: the best of both worlds
So, is it possible to have the best of both worlds? Well, the answer is, yes. The solution to this dilemma lies in hybrid grids. These types of grills are defined as a hybrid because they offer two fuel options. That is, people can choose between wood, charcoal, or gas for cooking their food. This kind of option allows people to experience the advantages of both types of grills.
With Hybrid grills, cooking is quick and easy, and it imparts delicious flavors to food. They are also easy to clean and transport, which is perfect for any type of barbecue.
Now that you have the basic information about grills, it is time to get information about the best hybrid grills on the market. Stay and read on. In this list, you will find the best options to prepare the best barbecues of your life.
Smoke Hollow PS9900
This great hybrid grill is one of the best on the market. Despite its high cost and price, it is an ideal grill for eating with large groups of people outdoors. The Smoke Hollow PS9900 is a 4-in-1 grill, which means it can cook with gas, charcoal, infrared burner, and smoker. Therefore, users can give different flavor styles to their meals.
This grill cooks with 30,000 BTU’s of power, and it comes with porcelain linings, which are integrated to help distribute the heat throughout the food. Also, in addition to contributing to a more uniform heat, due to porcelain, it is much easier to clean surfaces.
Similarly, the temperature can be adjusted employing elevation meters, which helps to maintain and control the temperature and heat of the grill. One of the best features it has, is that the grill is easily turned on at the touch of a button. Additionally, the infrared burner of the Smoke Hollow PS9900 allows you to cook any food very quickly and evenly. However, there are better options, so read on.
|· It’s a 4-in-1 grill, gas, charcoal, smoker, and infrared burner. This provides versatility to the cooker.
· The grill has porcelain lining on the grates. This material contributes to more uniform heat.
· Easy to clean, to use and to switch on.
· Temperature gauges to control and maintain heat throughout the barbecue.
· Great for cooking for large groups of people, thanks to its 1,100 square inch surface.
· It has 30,000 BTU’s of power.
|· Very expensive. Its high price prevents it from being accessible to many people.
· It’s not easy to assemble and it’s not easy to install.
· As a result of the size, it cannot be installed anywhere.
Stock Out You Can see Related Product:
As a second option, we find the brilliant Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D. This great hybrid grill is one of a kind. It is one of the best on the market because it is designed to be highly efficient during cooking, since it counts with two commercial-grade burners. Each of the two burners is capable of providing 12,000 BTU’s of power.
At first, the cooking space in charcoal is adjustable to the user’s needs. It also has a 952-square-inch cooking surface, ideal for cooking for important outdoor events.
Much of the efficiency of the Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D is due to the design of the lid and the cooking chamber. Both elements are made of double-coated steel material with a double-walled structure. This kind of design allows the food to be cooked evenly without losing its taste and juiciness, because the heat retention and distribution is evenly measured and always controlled.
Similarly, for charcoal cooking, users have an adjustable temperature controller that makes it quick and easy to maintain and control the temperature. In the same way, the charcoal cooking chamber has an easy access hatch that allows for more charcoal or wood to be added according to the user’s taste. Thanks to this, the Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D is without a doubt one of the best hybrid grills on the market today. If you want to know more, read on and find out about our third option.
|· It is easy and quick to install.
· Because of its two burners, the food can be cooked in a formless way.
· Each burner offers 12,000 BTU’s of power.
· The adjustable charcoal cooking chamber is designed to distribute the temperature efficiently and functionally throughout the cooking process.
· The design of the lid and the kitchen chamber guarantees the ideal temperature for barbecues.
· Economically viable.
· Ideal for large meals
|· Due to the size of the kitchen chambers, the gas cooker cannot offer much power.
· Maximum power of 24,000 BTU’s.
Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner
This type of grill is made up of 3 burners that can work with coal and liquid propane. The grate of each burner is made of stainless steel and coated with double enamel to offer the best temperatures. Due to this material, they are easy to clean.
The Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner is able to generate 40,000 BTU’s of power and another 12,000 BTU’s of additional power through its side burner. Additionally, it also has porcelain-coated grids that not only make the cleaning process easier but also provide better heat distribution during cooking. The kitchen grates are provided with a 420 square inch space, and the grill also features a sidebar for storing all the necessary cooking instruments.
|· It’s easy to use.
· Has a maximum of 52,000 BTU’s of power in all its burners.
· Thanks to the material of its grids and cooking chambers, the heat and temperature are distributed evenly and constantly.
· It has a sidebar to store all the necessary cooking instruments.
· Its price is affordable.
· The grill comes with a 5-year warranty.
|· It does not have a large kitchen area. Therefore, it is not ideal for cooking for a large number of people.
· It’s a complex grill to assemble and install.
Char-Broil Deluxe 1010
From the same manufacturers as the previous grill, the Char-Broil Deluxe 1010 is a wonderful option for cooking your meals. This great grill, unlike the previous one, is perfect for preparing meals for medium-sized groups of people, and it also offers up to 48,000 BTU’s of power in all its burners.
It has a slightly larger kitchen area of 505 square inches. It is ideal for small or medium groups. Similarly, the cooking chambers for coal and gas are separated, allowing a better distribution of all elements of the grill. Besides, the Char-Broil Deluxe 1010 features two side burners that offer the user a more versatile cooking process.
It has grids and surfaces coated with a porcelain material that contributes to better heat and temperature distribution. It is possible to obtain better cooking of the food. In the same way, this kind of material is very durable and facilitates cleaning.
The charcoal cooking chamber has the particularity that it is adjustable to the user’s needs. It provides a safety handle that helps control the temperature of the charcoal, so you never lose control of the temperature, and you can cook very efficiently. It also has a hatch to introduce the charcoal and a container where the ashes of the charcoal or firewood are stored. This is ideal because it facilitates the cleaning and cooking process.
|· It’s easy to clean and use.
· Has a maximum of 48,000 BTU’s of power in all its burners.
· The main heating elements are covered with porcelain. This contributes to better and more evenly distributed temperatures.
· It has two side burners for greater versatility in cooking.
· Easy to move from one place to another.
· It is easy to assemble and install.
· It provides excellent control for temperature and cooking of food.
· Affordable market price.
|· Although its kitchen surface is ideal for small and medium size groups of people, it is not recommended for large events or cooking for large numbers of people.
· Even though it is easy to install, the instruction guide is not easy for users to understand.
Smoke Hollow 8500LP
This version of the Smoke Hollow brand is one of the best grills you can find today. It is designed to run as efficiently and safely as possible. The Smoke Hollow 8500LP is a grill with excellent cooking power, 42,000 BTU.
All the burners in this grill are made of stainless steel which allows them to last for many years. The Smoke Hollow 8500LP also has an additional burner that allows you to cook food through a smoker, offering greater versatility when cooking food.
One of the best features of this grill is that it has a 1,435 square inch cooking surface. This makes it the grill with the largest surface area on the market, making it perfect for cooking for large groups of people or events of any type and size.
Furthermore, the burner grids are not only made of stainless steel but are also coated with porcelain, which provides a better temperature distribution when cooking food. This way, the heat is distributed in a controlled way, and the food is cooked quickly. This kind of material also makes it easier to clean the grids and burners.
|· It’s easy to clean and to use.
· It’s one of the most powerful grills on the market. Thanks to its 42,000 BTU’s you can cook almost anything on this grill.
· It is easy to move thanks to the 4 locking wheels on this grill.
· Has multiple temperature controllers, which not only guarantee efficient heat distribution and excellent cooking in the food, but are also perfect for safe and reliable cooking.
· Because it has the largest cooking surface, it is perfect for cooking for large groups of people.
|· It’s not an economical grill.
· As a result of the size, it is not easy to assemble and install. , it takes a long time to complete this process.
Stock Out You Can see Related Product:
Pit Boss Memphis Ultimate 4-in-1 LP Gas Charcoal Smoker
This grill wonder, ideal for preparing great dishes and meals at important events, is one of the best without a doubt. It’s a 4-in-1 grill, which means it has 4 different types of burners. The essential elements of the grill are made of stainless steel so that the grill can last many years of use. Additionally, it has some details and decorations that give it an elegant appearance.
The grids are made of cast iron to withstand high temperatures, and the burners are also made of stainless steel. All elements are also coated with several layers of porcelain enamel, which helps to efficiently distribute the heat towards the food.
This grill is unique because it has all the accessories that a barbecue lover would like to have. It has shelves to store all the necessary kitchen tools, two storage drawers, and swivel wheels with locking latches to easily move the grill to any location. It even has a modern and very nice bottle opener. It’s perfect for those special occasions with loved ones.
The best attributes of the Pit Boss Memphis Ultimate
- The cooking surface is immense: it has 2,100 square inches. This attribute makes this grill an excellent choice for preparing meals for a large group of people. The Pit Boss has a three-burner gas cooking chamber and is capable of producing 30,000 BTU’s of power. Additionally, it has a side burner for greater versatility and a cooking chamber for charcoal cooking.
- It brings an electronic smoker: this can be connected to any of the cooking chambers. It is perfect for preparing delicious meals with a smoky flavor and the characteristic barbecue taste.
- The burners can be adjusted to the user’s needs: with 6 different levels, this feature allows you to implement different cooking styles to prepare your food in versatile and delicious ways. It also helps to adjust the temperature in a different way than usual.
- It has a sophisticated air duct system and fireplace: this will allow you to control the airflow in the grill. Also, it helps the food to cook more efficiently and does not waste the power of the grill. Each cooking section also has a thermometer to control the heat and temperature of the grill.
This is one of the best hybrid grills, nonetheless, the next grid on the list is number one compared to the previous ones.
|· It offers great versatility when it comes to cooking food.
· Its 4 burners can be combined with the gas, coal and smoke chambers.
· The smoker is a separate element from the rest of the cooking chambers.
· Easy to clean.
· The design of the grill is designed to last for many years.
· Excellent for preparing meals for large groups of people.
· Easy to turn on and use.
|· Very expensive.
· It’s not easy to assemble and it’s not easy to install.
· Due to its size it is not easy to install in any place.
· Because of the size, it has no more power than other grills on the market.
· It can take a long time to assemble.
As the last option on the list, we have the brilliant Char-Griller 5050, which we consider to be the best hybrid grill that the market can offer at present. This beauty is not only known for its power and size, but it is also the best due to the efficiency of its burners.
The Char-Griller 5050 offers a maximum power output of 40,800 BTU’s. This is perfect for cooking almost anything quickly and easily. It also features a 1,260-square-inch cooking surface, perfect for preparing large events or preparing meals for large groups of people. In addition, it has a power reserve that allows you to increase the maximum power limit a bit, in case the user needs it.
This beauty is designed to be adjustable according to the user’s needs. Each of its grids is adjustable, and have different height levels. This feature also contributes to greater control over grill temperature.
It has an internal ash container, which is self-sliding and facilitates the cleaning of the used coal. The grill also has a gas side burner, which adds a few extra inches to the cooking surface. The ignition of the burners is electronic, and the grates are porcelain-coated to distribute the heat efficiently. If you wish to have a hybrid grill, do not hesitate to choose this option.
|· It can be used easily.
· Easy to turn.
· Simple to clean.
· Ideal for large events or for cooking for large groups of people.
· It has a good power of 40,800 BTU.
· In the same manner, a power reserve if necessary.
· It has additional shelves and behaviors to store all the cooking instruments needed by the user.
· Large storage space.
· Also, it has a great resistance, for which it can last many years.
· Retains heat in a controlled and safe manner.
|· It is not easy to assemble and it’s not easy to install, so it can take a long time.
· Its purchase price is high.
· The side burner does not have much power.
|Smoke Hollow PS9900||· 30,000 BTU
· 1,100 square inch area.
· 4 burners in one.
|“Excellent grill, it’s very versatile and the smoker makes the food taste good. The bad thing is the price.”|
|Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D||· Stainless steel burners.
· It provides high performance.
· Heat retention.
· Quick and safe start.
|“It’s perfect for me and my family since we’re not very numerous. Even though it’s a hybrid, it’s affordable. The problem is that it doesn’t have as much power as I expected.|
|Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner||· 52,000 BTU’s of power.
· 3 stainless steel burners and a side burner.
|“It’s a very good grill. I bought it and immediately noticed how quickly it warms up the food. It’s very powerful. The bad thing is maybe its size.”|
|Char-Broil Deluxe 1010||· Perfect for cooking for small and medium groups of people.
· The grids are covered with porcelain material.
· The easy to control the temperature of the coal chamber.
|“It’s fantastic. For price and effectiveness, I think it’s one of the best. Since I bought it we haven’t stopped barbecuing at the house. I think the only bad thing is its size.”|
|Smoke Hollow 8500LP||· It has good BTU power.
· It is designed to be durable over many years.
· Able to retain heat efficiently.
|“It’s very good, one of the best purchases I ever made with my wife. But I do recognize that it took me a long time to install it.”|
|Pit Boss Memphis Ultimate||· 4 burners to provide greater versatility in meals.
· Very easy to use.
· Very efficient at retaining heat.
· The smoker is independent of the cooking chambers.
|“It’s a beast. Even though it’s very expensive, it’s a fantastic grill. My whole family came over last time, and we had a great time. No one was left hungry.”|
|Char-Griller 5050||· A large cooking area.
· Increased efficiency in temperature control and distribution
· Large storage capacity.
|“It’s the best grill of my life. We’ve prepared some fantastic barbecues. At first, I thought the price was crazy for a grill, but it was worth every penny. It’s the best.”|
Questions & Answers – FAQ
What does BTU mean?
BTU’s, or better known as British thermal units, are the units used to measure the power of grills. Having this kind of knowledge is ideal for knowing the heat capacity that each burner can produce. These are important details to consider when choosing the ideal grill.
Is the temperature range important?
Hybrid grills must have different temperature ranges, as not all foods can be cooked to the same levels. The more temperature ranges they have, the more versatile the cooking of the food will be.
Does the size of the surface matter?
Depending on the user’s needs, the size of the cooking surface can be a determining factor when preparing meals. The larger the size of the surface, the greater the amount of food can be prepared in a more orderly manner.
What are the benefits of cooking with a hybrid grill?
With the gas cooking chamber, food can be cooked much faster, and ignition will be easier and faster. Then, to give the food a smoky taste you can use the charcoal cooking chamber, so you can do both processes at the same time. Moreover, this kind of grill is ideal for those who are vegan or vegetarian, since hybrid grills have different levels of cooking for any type of food.
Besides the cooking, do I get any other benefits?
With hybrid grills you can save the space you would normally have with a gas grill. , they are much larger than separate charcoal grills and are much more efficient. Finally, the cost of buying separate grills can be saved by purchasing a hybrid grill.
Any negative characteristics they have compared to separate grills?
Perhaps the main disadvantage compared to other types of grills is that they are more difficult to clean. With more integrated elements and cooking chambers, more time is required to clean each element well. , because they have the goodness of each type of grill, there is some difficulty in assembling and installing them properly.
What should I look for in a hybrid grill?
One thing you should look for is its effectiveness when you want to clean it. In most of the hybrid grills, it takes a long time to clean each of its components and sections, although it is very easy to do so. It is also essential that you look for a hybrid grill that is relatively simple to assemble. For the most part, the assembly process is tedious, complex, and time-consuming, and not everyone has the patience needed. If you are one of these people, it is best to look for a grill that is relatively easy to assemble and install.
How much power do I need in a hybrid grill?
This depends on your intentions and the purpose of having a hybrid grill. The best on the market is characterized by 38,000 BTU’s of power. However, there are excellent hybrid grills that have less power but are more efficient in heat distribution. , if you are one of those people who intend to cook for a large group of people, ideally you should opt for a grill with a minimum of 25,000 BTU’s. On the other hand, if your thing is to cook for small groups of people, all you have to do is buy a grill with a minimum of 20,000 BTU’s of power.
Without a doubt, hybrid grills are a unique invention that every barbecue lover should have in his or her home. After several analyses, there is no doubt that the Char-Griller 5050 is the best hybrid grill on our list above, because it does not only offer the ideal power to cook anything, but it also has many additional features and accessories that make it a superior grill to the rest.
With the purchase of a hybrid grill, you will enjoy the efficiency of a gas grill and the delicious smoky flavor of a charcoal or wood grill. You can’t go wrong with buying a hybrid grill, because besides saving money and space, you will be able to cook your meals in ways you never imagined. Compared to their counterparts, the separate grills are designed to be safe and reliable.
Since they have features from both worlds, hybrid grills must be very safe and reliable when turned on and used. Any adult can use them, and they can be used to prepare the best barbecues or even the most refined and elegant meals for your gatherings and events.